This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a dynamic, experienced and highly motivated health professional to lead the Mental Health Service for Older People (MHSOP).
MHSOP is made up of personnel from several disciplines and includes psychogeriatricians, psychologists, mental health nurses, occupational therapists and a social worker.
The MHSOP team provides assessment, treatment, care and support to people in Taranaki who are over the age of 65 and experience significant mental health problems including dementia. People under the age of 65 who experience “age related” mental health problems are also supported by the team.
The Team Leader will:
• Have an excellent understanding of the mental health needs of the elderly
• Demonstrate exemplary communication skills
• Possess strong, credible leadership skills
• Show diligence and a calm disposition
• Uphold the Te Ahu Taranaki DHB values: Partnerships / Whanaungatanga, Courage / Manawanui, Empowerment / Mana Motuhake, People Matter / Mahakitanga and Safety / Manaakitanga
Ideally candidates will have:
• A minimum of four years relevant post graduate practise.
• Completed post graduate studies
• A current Annual Practising Certificate
• A full drivers licence
Please click here to view the full job description.
Come and live in the region that was named the world’s second top region to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet!
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (1,800 staff, $325m cost-centre) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
If you are interested in the position please “apply online” from this page.
If you would like any further information about this position, please contact Lizzie Churches (Operations Manager; Older Peoples Health, Allied and Community Services) on 06 753 7777 ext: 7371 or via email Elizabeth.Churches@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is Monday 18 June, 2018